The highest performance among entry-class, the brand new Nikon D3200 is a dream come true for entry users. This compact lightweight camera utilizes the newly developed Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 3 image-processing engine that deliver 24.2 megapixels high image quality and ISO sensitivity range from ISO100 to 6400.
Now, shooting pictures has never been easier. Its enhanced Guide mode can lead you through the process of set-up and shooting various scenarios. There are also six scene modes to assist you so your pictures will always be perfect.
24.2 effective megapixels. Nikon-developed DX-format CMOS image sensor [NEW]
Featuring 24.2 effective megapixels, the D3200's large image sensor faithfully reproduces the texture and brightness of subjects. It is also possible to emphasize subjects by beautifully blurring the background. With the high pixel count of 24.2 megapixels, satisfactory resolution can be achieved even when trimmed images are printed.
Easier-to-use Guide Mode that shows you how to take great pictures
Guide Mode, that was highly evaluated with the D3100, has become easier to use. In Easy operation and Advanced operation modes, a description of each scene is displayed. For Advanced operation mode, options such as "Capture reds in sunsets" and "Reduce blur" are newly added.
Compact and light body with reliable holding that enables sharp pictures with minimal camera shake
A compact and lightweight body that can be carried and handled easily is employed. Secure holding is further enhanced with expanded areas of finger rests on the front and rear. Because the camera can be held stably, sharp pictures with minimized blur can be captured. The refined layout of buttons and dials ensures comfortable operation.
- Image-processing engine EXPEED 3 – the same as that used by the Nikon D4 FX-format flagship camera – achieves high speed, multiple functions and high performance.
- Sharp pictures can be taken with minimal blur even for dark indoor or sports scenes. Wide ISO sensitivity range at standard setting is from ISO 100 to 6400. Can be set to ISO 12800 equivalent.
- Scene Recognition System enables beautiful pictures with sharp focus and appropriate brightness and color by recognizing the subject and scene conditions prior to capture.
- High-speed continuous shooting at approx. 4 fps to capture decisive moments reliably.
- Large and easy-to-view, high-definition, approx. 921k-dot, 7.5-cm/3-in., wide-viewing-angle LCD monitor.
- The variety of Scene Modes ensures the most appropriate camera settings according to shooting situations, such as Child and Landscapes.
- Scene Auto Selector selects the optimal scene mode automatically according to the shooting scene or subject.
- WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter (optional) transmits taken images to smart devices wirelessly. [NEW]
- Choice of body colors – black and red. High-quality compact and light styling ensures superior operability.
- Variety of in-camera image-editing functions such as Selective color, Miniature effect, and Trim.